Keeping Cats and Other Animals Out of Your Plot
There have been ongoing visits at the B Street garden by animals that enjoy digging in our fertile soil. Here are some ideas to keep them out of your plot:
- Make the soil harder to dig in with:
- Forks, knives, or chopsticks sticking up.
- Stones or rocks covering where they like to dig.
- Cover the ground with chicken wire or garden netting.
- Cover the ground with Devil’s Club or fabric.
- Cayenne pepper.
Every few days, sprinkle the ground and leaves of your plants with cayenne pepper (or black pepper, or a mix). The pepper is also beneficial to your plants.